BIG DATA FOUNDATION
3 months – Online
The Big Data Foundation certification (BDF) is designed to provide you with hands-on experience in using two of the most popular technologies in Big Data processing – Hadoop and MongoDB. You will get the opportunity to practice installing these two technologies through lab exercises. The exercises expose you to real-life Big Data technologies with the purpose of obtaining results from real datasets from Twitter.
“Data is the new science. Big Data holds the answers.” – Pat Gelsinger
- Explain Big Data, its origin, and its characteristics.
- Discuss about the tools applicable to Big Data processing.
- Explain data mining.
- Discuss the popular Big Data technologies – Hadoop and MongoDB.
- Discuss the Big Data projects and the main players involved.
- Identify and obtain relevant datasets when looking at a business problem.
- Install and manage Big Data processing environments based on Hadoop or MongoDB at a departmental level.
- Module 1: Certification Program Introduction
- Module 2: Big Data Fundamentals
- Module 3: Big Data Sources
- Module 4: Data Mining: Concepts and Tools
- Module 5: Big Data Technologies – Hadoop
- Module 6: Big Data Technologies – MongoDB
- Software Engineers
- Application Developers
- IT Architects
- System administrators
There are no formal prerequisites.
Successfully passing (65%) the 75-minute exam, consisting of 25 multiple-choice questions, leads to the Big Data Foundation Certification.
CC Big Data Foundation Self-Study with Exam
The CCC BDF certification provides base understanding of Big Data, the potential sources of Big Data that can be used for solving real business problems, and overview of Data Mining and the tools used in it. The BDF Self-Study set includes access to the course eBook, practice exercises and mock exam, plus an exam voucher. Participants are able to schedule their exam for up to six months. This course is intended for participants who are ready to prepare for the exam independently with the use of CCC accredited courseware.
“The Internet of Things will power the Fourth Industrial Revolution”
World Economic Forum